Updated: 22-Jan-2002 01:57 AM
Day 2: 7-Jan-2002
Day 3: 8-Jan-2002
...and the rest
- Cover Page
- Day 1: 6-Jan-2002
We do not have notes for:
(or any of the dance programs)
- Senior Ladies Short
- Senior Mens Free
- Junior Pairs Free
2002 Jr. Pairs Short Program
- Briana McInerney & Joseph Jergens
- Did a lift with a flip out dismount.
Side by side jumps were okay. She fell on the throw. Their twist was
good, caught with hands not body. Eleventh place.
- Emma Phipps & Devin Patrick
- Twist was caught against his body not with
the hands. They did side by side axels. She stepped out of the throw.
They had good speed. Seventh place.
- Colette Appel & Lee Harris
- They had a nice pair spin. Their twist had
a good hand catch. They did side by side double loops. The throw was
good but did not get much distance. They are a very polished team.
- Christie Baca & Scott Smith
- The Scott Smith who competes in junior
pairs is NOT the Scott Smith that competes in Senior Men. They did axels
and fell on them, I don't remember if she fell or he fell or both fell.
The throw was fine. They had a nice dismount from their lift in which
she does the splits on the way down. Third place.
- Janice Mayne & Josh Martin
- For those who don't know Josh's mom, Bonnie
Martin, died just a couple of weeks before Nationals. My heart really
goes out to him and his dad. I am amazed that he managed to skate at all
under the circumstances never mind skate as well as he did. Their short
program was very good. The only problem was she lost the landing on the
side by side axels and fell to her knee. Sixth place.
- Brittany Karlon & Scott Corbin
- They skated to James Bond music. They
did side by side double axels; she fell, he stepped out. I have
something written here that I can not read. And their throw was okay.
- Tiffany Vise & Laureano Ibarra
- They skated to the music from the
Cutting Edge. This led to our group having a discussion about what a
gosh awful movie that is. She stepped out of the double axels.
Everything else they did was good. They are mirror skaters. Fourth
The rest of my notes are genuine Marshall Hartman artwork, some people
would call it scribbling, but I bet Marshall could get an NEA grant with
it. Anyway, evidently Marshall would not let me take any more notes.
Copyright © 2002, Antoinette M. Aubert